Casual Cool Fall Fashion With Nordstrom
Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I may receive a small commission from items purchased from affiliate links.
It’s no secret one of my absolute go-to retailers is Nordstrom. The customer service is always great, and they have the easiest shipping and return policies. I was SO excited to partner with them to share some easy ways to pull off that “casual cool” look for fall.
My number one styling tip would be to invest in a few high quality pieces that are versatile and can carry you from season to season. When deciding which pieces to invest in, look at the CPW. (Cost per wear.) When an item can be styled for casual or formal wear than the CPW is typically pretty high and it’s worth the investment. These are the items that build a capsule wardrobe and will eventually eliminate the “I have nothing to wear” mentality.
These silk leopard joggers were one of those capsule wardrobe pieces for me. Anytime I “have nothing to wear” they can be a go to item. They feel like you are wearing pajamas. When working with leopard (or most any animal print) you can treat it like a neutral. Leopard is EVERYWHERE this fall!
I styled it with this super affordable ribbed knit bodysuit. It’s comfortable and keeps the look nice and casual. Top that with an easy over the shoulder moto jacket, and some nude pumps and you’ve got an effortless and super comfortable look that works for any occasion.
A great leather moto jacket is another one of those items you can wear over and over. It’s the easiest way to achieve that “casual cool” look. Another easy way to style it is editor style (over your shoulders.) This is great for fall transition when the weather is in between needing a jacket or not.
These nude mules are so comfortable and easy to wear with anything. I’ve worn this exact same look with sneakers as well. These mules are still casual, but elevate the look just a bit. Mules are trending going into fall as well. SO much more than a “summer sandal.”
Whenever an item is really trendy, I like to find it at an affordable price point. That way I can stay on trend and have some fun with accessories, but guilt free when it doesn’t become a closet staple. The belt bag trend is EVERYWHERE for fall. I prefer to wear it over my arm. It instantly gives that “cool factor.” I found this studded belt bag at an amazing price. They also have it in red or leopard which would be so fun as well!
5 Styling Tips & Tricks for effortless “Casual Cool” Fall Fashion:
1. Find pieces that have both formal and casual elements. (Example, these pants are a silk material which is on the formal side, but in a jogger cut. Joggers make them more casual.)
2. Find a fun print. Leopard is all the rage so this is my go to. Herringbone and plaid are also in and give that instant edge to any look.
3. Throw a moto jacket over it. You can pretty much wear one with anything! A maxi dress, or graphic tee with maxi skirt. It is casual, but adds that edginess.
4. Find items that are comfortable to wear. (These pants truly feel like pajamas…)
5. Mix and match fitted and looser fitting items. A blousy top paired with a pair of leather leggings, a fitted silk skirt with a looser sweatshirt, a wide leg pant with a bodysuit, etc.