Fun Kids Thanksgiving Table & Traditions
“Sitting at the kids table” shouldn’t be something kids dread. Or even adults for that matter…. I sure want to sit at this fun table! There should be lots of interactive activities for the littles to do and of course, nothing breakable!
Also, thanks to my friend Mary at Mrs. Southern Social I’ve learned to “delegate the details.” I mean her tagline is “southern charm without lifting an arm.” Now that is something I can down with.
So the “details” of this easy and fun kids Thanksgiving table? It came in THIS KIT. Nope, I’m not joking! Want to know something even better? It’s under $20! All of the plates, napkins and utensils can be thrown away after. No kid dishes to scrub. (Insert praise hand emoji here….)
The placemats are interactive, and so are the stickers and cups. These felt turkey place card holders keep kids from fighting over who sits where.
Thanksgiving Traditions To Start With Your Family
* Have you seen this fun new Turkey On The Table tradition yet? It reminds me a bit of the elf on the shelf. Each day in November you add something you are thankful for on a feather into the turkey. On Thanksgiving it becomes a centerpiece. I think this is a great way to teach kids about gratitude and a portion of the proceeds go to Feeding America Foundation to help those in need.
* Let the kids do the toasts. (You can even be festive and get sparkling apple cider.)
* Make handprint turkeys on a tablecloth. Each year you can see everyones turkeys get bigger.
* Let the kids serve up the dessert.
* Go on a family walk after the meal.