Healthy Recipes Series: Smoked Salmon Cauliflower Crust Pizza
I’m so excited to be starting a healthy recipe series! I’ve been sharing what I make for healthy weeknight meals for awhile now on Instastories and they have become a hit, so it only made since to bring it to the blog!
Like so many of you, the hardest part for me when it comes to maintaining a healthy eating routine is coming up with the ideas. After hours of searching food blogs, Pinterest, and experimenting in the kitchen I’ve come up with an arsenal of easy/healthy weeknight dinners.
With two babies at home, I’m looking for quick and easy things to whip up that are still delicious and seem like fine dining.
There is now a “Recipe” tab that will be host to all of these as well.
Disclaimer: I am NOT a professional chef in any sense of the word. All of these healthy recipes are simple, quick, and can be prepared by anyone!
First up, a cauliflower crust pizza with smoked salmon, capers and dill. My neighbor brought over a delicious version of this a few weeks back and I went to work converting it into a healthier version so I could enjoy it on weeknights!
Her version substitutes the cauliflower crust with a regular pizza crust and the greek yogurt with a sour cream. If you are wanting a heartier option, this is great!
CAULIFLOWER CRUST SMOKED SALMON PIZZA
1. Prepare the cauliflower crust. I simply used a pre-made option, because babies. Trader Joe’s has a wonderful option. If you are wanting to make one from scratch you can find a really good one HERE.
2. While the pizza is cooking, prepare the “sauce.” Mix the greek yogurt with the chopped dill, salt, pepper, and the juice of a whole lemon.
3. Thinly chop the shallots.
4. Let pizza crust cool and then layer on the sauce.
5. Add your toppings. Layer the smoked salmon so it covers the entire crust. Add shallots and capers to your liking.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with dill.
* Pre-Made Cauliflower Pizza Crust
* 4 oz. Smoked Salmon
* 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
* Juice From One Lemon
* 4 Large Sprigs Of Dill Finely Chopped
* One Shallot Thinly Sliced
* 1/4 Cup Capers
I’d love to hear about your favorite (healthy) dinner! I’m always seeking new ideas to try and keep mixing it up. I think the key to eating healthier is to not get bored. Trying out new things makes it fun and easier to stay on course.