How To Throw The Perfect Friendsgiving
Thanks to the following for helping make my Friendsgiving dreams come true! Nashville people… make sure to check them out! I can’t possibly talk them up enough!
Friendsgiving has officially become “a thing” and I couldn’t be happier about it! I’ve teamed up with the TOP local vendors in Nashville to make all my boho Friendsgiving dreams come true!
Also, this dress is surprisingly comfortable and makes for the prettiest holiday attire!
HOW TO THROW THE PERFECT FRIENDSGIVING
* Add a bar! This bar was rented from Please Be Seated (you can actually rent this entire set up for a really affordable price!). Throw a few champagne bottles (what is a party without champagne?) a cake, and a hot beverage dispenser with some copper mugs on there.
* Don’t skip cake! This beauty is from Copper Whisk Cakes. I promise you, she has the best cakes you could ever taste. There is a salted caramel flavor that is perfect for holiday festivities. We had this at Wilder’s birthday and a guest told us that he had often skipped cake at parties because he never knew it could taste like that. A cake just makes everything more festive!
* Set a simple, but beautiful tablescape. This table runner from White Ink Calligraphy makes the perfect base. Also, add some calligraphy on white pumpkins. You could even add the guests’ names on the pumpkins and let them take them home as a sweet gift.
Foxglove & Heather is an amazing floral company and always has the best suggestions when it comes to floral arrangements and tablescapes. This is simple silver leaf eucalyptus and pampas grass. They both last a long time, and can be used after the event in your fall decor as well.
* Serve hot chocolate at the bar as an after dinner extra treat! Copper mugs are great for this!
* Have everyone bring their favorite dish that is special to their family traditions. It sparks conversation, and makes for a great meal when everyone is bringing the best of their best!
* Have a fun themed drink. This Apple Cider Sangria is a total crowd pleaser! My friend, Jenn sent me this recipe and I tweaked it a bit to make it my own. Such a hit!
APPLE CIDER SANGRIA
1 Bottle of Pinot Grigio
2 1/2 Cups Fresh Apple Cider
1 Cup Club Soda
1/2 Cup Ginger Brandy
1/4 Cup Ginger Bear
3 Honey Crisp Apples (Chopped)
3 Pears (Chopped)
Combine all ingredients and stir. Chill in fridge for at least an hour.
To Serve: Pour some brown sugar on to a plate. Wet the top of the glass and spin top of glass in brown sugar mixture to coat rim. Pour in sangria mixture and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!