How To Style A Duster – New York Fashion Week Look 2!
Are you a perpetual “I have nothing to wear” type of gal? Get yourself a duster, friend! It’s the easiest item to pair with just about anything and complete an outfit.
When I was planning outfits for fashion week, I had a hard time choosing pieces that would be unique and special, but also practical and wearable outside of NYFW streets. This duster was the perfect item! These faux leather leggings are a wardrobe staple must. The $98 price tag does seem a little steep, but they are that good. They are made by Spanx and hold everything in (super flattering!) while also being comfortable.
How To Style A Duster
* Don’t be afraid to get it tailored. It’s hard to buy one straight off the rack that will be the perfect length. If you are petite, you can tailor it to hit at least a few inches above your ankles.
* Petite girls.. if you are worried about it overwhelming your smaller frame choose a lighter fabric that fits closer to your body.
* Pair it with a silk dress. Love this combo! It can easily pair with dressier items and the high/low difference creates interest.
* Throw one over a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. The easiest way to look more put together, and also add a layer for warmth.
* Pair with over the knee boots and skirts. This is a way to get more use out of your shorts or skirts going into the fall and winter. Add a duster and some booties or over the knee boots.
* Don’t shy away from a print! Plaid, houndstooth and leopard are all BIG trends this fall season. A printed duster is great to have on hand to add a trending piece to lots of looks you already have in your closet.
SHOP THIS LOOK