Recipes: Summer Salad That’s Sure To Impress
Even though it is back to school time, the days are still hot here in Tennessee! I’ve got the perfect grilled peach summer salad that is SUPER simple to throw together on a whim, but also sophisticated and sure to be a hit with your guests.
This can be tossed together in less than ten minutes. (No joke!) I can hardly consider this a “recipe” because it is truly chopping a few things and tossing them together. It’s all about the presentation with this one too. My new Mackenzie Childs serving pieces work perfectly for this bright summer salad.
I like mixing classic serving pieces that you can use for any occasion like this pitcher and serving platter with more fun pieces. The bright blue check always looks so fun paired with bold colored summer foods.
If you do not own one of these stovetop grills, I highly recommend. It is so much easier for simple things like this, and great for when the temperatures are cold and you don’t want to grill outside.
Grilled Peach Summer Salad
- One Large Peach
- Small Red Onion
- Handful of Pecans
- Feta Cheese
- Handful of Blueberries
- One Avocado
- Three Cups Arugula
- One Lemon
Ok, this is how you can tell I’m not a real chef. Anyone can make these recipes! If you have “Garlic Expressions” salad dressing at your grocery store… pick it up and cheat! HA! It tastes sooo good with this salad and very sophisticated/homemade!
Or you can make your own:
Equal parts olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and greek yogurt.
- Slice your peach and toss in a little bit of EVOO. Place on your grill for a few minutes on each side and set to the side.
- Thinly slice half a small onion. Slice an avocado.
- Line your platter with the arugula. Toss on a handful of blueberries and a handful of pecans.
- Add your feta cheese to your liking.
- Add on your onion and avocado.
- Top with ground pepper and a bit of salt.
- Add your peaches down the middle of the platter.
- Top with just a bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Serve with dressing to the side so it can be tossed fresh!