The Shopbop Sale is HERE! It’s 4 days only and the good things sell out FAST! So stock up before it’s gone! How it works is orders under $500 are 20% off and orders $500+ are 25% off. The best time to stock up on designer items or closet staple items at a great discount. USE CODE: STOCKUP18 to get the discount.
This year there are a LOT of Golden Goose Sneakers on sale. I practically live in mine. I’ll be seizing the opportunity to snag these on sale.
Western wear is so hot for fall and I’m LOVING it! There is a way to style this trend in a chic way that doesn’t look like you are headin’ to the hoedown. I’ve got ya covered on how to pull it off effortlessly!
This lace blouse is the perfect nod to western with the piping and pearl snap detailing. The lace keeps it feminine and chic. (Note, it does run a little small. I went up a size.)
You can pair a western blouse with just about anything. A maxi skirt, wide leg pant, jeans or faux leather skirt. The coloring of this tan leather skirt is perfect for fall. You can find an almost identical skirt option at an affordable price HERE and HERE.
Animal prints are another top trend this fall. A snakeskin bootie can act as a neutral and pull any outfit together.
How To Style Western Wear
* Choose one or two western themed items, and partner with more neutral or chic pieces. If you wear a western piped blouse, cowboy boots, a fringe skirt and a cowboy hat, it comes off as a little cheesy. Keep it simple by letting one or two items stand out.
* Go “space cowboy” and pair a western item with a modern metallic. For example, this outfit shown, with a metallic silver skirt would be great! Kasey Musgraves has been rocking this trend for awhile now. She pulls it off flawlessly every time!
* Look for items with a modern edge as well. For instance, instead of a typical cowboy boot; look for some that have a pull on tab side, or a western script detailing, but with a more modern silhouette. You can find an awesome pair for under $100 HERE or my favorite white version HERE.
* For more traditional items (like a true cowboy boot) pair with feminine floral print dress, or skirt and lace top.
* An easy way to slowly incorporate this trend is with turquoise jewelry or accessories.
Check out what else is trending for fall with my post on the top fall trends HERE.
Are you a perpetual “I have nothing to wear” type of gal? Get yourself a duster, friend! It’s the easiest item to pair with just about anything and complete an outfit.
When I was planning outfits for fashion week, I had a hard time choosing pieces that would be unique and special, but also practical and wearable outside of NYFW streets. This duster was the perfect item! These faux leather leggings are a wardrobe staple must. The $98 price tag does seem a little steep, but they are that good. They are made by Spanx and hold everything in (super flattering!) while also being comfortable.
How To Style A Duster
* Don’t be afraid to get it tailored. It’s hard to buy one straight off the rack that will be the perfect length. If you are petite, you can tailor it to hit at least a few inches above your ankles.
* Petite girls.. if you are worried about it overwhelming your smaller frame choose a lighter fabric that fits closer to your body.
* Pair it with a silk dress. Love this combo! It can easily pair with dressier items and the high/low difference creates interest.
* Throw one over a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. The easiest way to look more put together, and also add a layer for warmth.
* Pair with over the knee boots and skirts. This is a way to get more use out of your shorts or skirts going into the fall and winter. Add a duster and some booties or over the knee boots.
* Don’t shy away from a print! Plaid, houndstooth and leopard are all BIG trends this fall season. A printed duster is great to have on hand to add a trending piece to lots of looks you already have in your closet.
Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I may receive a small commission from items purchased from affiliate links.
I love that on Nordstrom’s website when you are looking at an item you can scroll down and see style suggests on how to wear the piece. Luckily, they had me style some looks for fall that are now live on their site! Each one of these are items you can get a lot of wear out of, but are also on trend for this season.
Trey and I decided to wait until post baby to take our “baby moon” this time around. Since I was pregnant back to back with our sweet babes I wanted to really be able to enjoy our time and have some great wine, dinners, and beautiful scenery.
After college, Trey lived in Vail and worked as a ski instructor. We started visiting Colorado together at least once a year since we met and refer to it as our “happy place.”
For this trip we flew into Denver and had a little lunch rented an SUV and took off for the mountains. There is something about that drive that is just so serene and peaceful. You can start to notice the temperatures dropping and the smell of the pines. My stress levels instantly go down.
We always stop in Breckenridge and grab a crepe from the crepe cart on our way to Vail. It’s also the cutest little town to pop into a few shops.
Typically, we reserve our Colorado trips for ski season, but this time around we decided to go in the fall. I’m so glad that we did! The leaves were absolutely stunning, and we were able to truly relax.
We stayed at the Four Seasons which we also absolutely adore. They pay attention to every little detail. This go around we were able to eat at Flame (their steakhouse.) It did NOT disappoint. It was restaurant week and we were able to try a bit of everything. All delicious. Try the lobster mac and cheese and thank me later.
The bar is also beautiful and looks out into the mountains and pool. One of my favorite views…ever.
Each day we wandered into shops, ate amazing food, and slept in. Truly heavenly for new parents of two littles.
Some things you MUST do in Vail:
1. Grab a drink on the outdoor patio overlooking the lifts at Garfinkel’s. It’s known for it’s fun Apres’ ski, but we loved going for happy hour outside of ski season as well.
2. Drink a mudslide at Bully Ranch.
3. Relax in the courtyard next to Gore Creek. (You can bring a picnic!) Such a sweet little date spot.
4. Enjoy a hot chocolate at Four Seasons next to a fire pit on the balcony. This is truly an experience. It looks beautiful and tastes delicious!
5. Walk around vail village at night.
6. Dine at Sweet Basil.
7. Bowl at bōl. It’s a really impressive and modern take on bowling. Fun for fall trips when skiing isn’t your workout of choice everyday. (Not that bowling is much of a workout, ha! But the goal was to take it REALLY easy this trip.)
8. Relax at the Four Seasons spa.
9. Listen to live music at Red Lion.
10. Late night at Shakedown.
To say we thoroughly enjoyed our baby moon would be an understatement. We came back rested and able to be better (and happier) parents to our sweet boys!
These purple velvet booties have that luxe feel to them. They come in several other colors as well. I love the block heel and the square toe. Velvet has been one of the hottest fall trends, and I love adding some to my closet in bootie form.
I paired it with this tie cuff sweater. I absolutely love finding a classic piece that has that “little something extra.” This comes in grey and a wine color as well. The simple cream color pairs perfectly with a more bold bootie.
October is such a busy month in the Wilson household. We have a lot of travel, events, visitors and work functions. This is when I really struggle as a mom the most. It’s very important for me to be with the babes as much as possible and also be present with friends, family and even work. One thing that does help is waiting until bedtime to go to events or dinners. That way I don’t feel as if I’m missing any precious time with Georgie. Another thing that has helped lately is working from home as much as possible. (With the help of our awesome nanny a couple hours a week.) This way if G is really needing me I can just hop down the stairs and be right there. Also, if Wilder needs fed or anything I’m right here to do so. The mom guilt of doing it all is real!
When we were in Colorado the other weekend I told Trey it was “the mother’s curse.” After being pregnant for 2 straight years, I was really wanting some time away with just him. I was so excited to sleep in, drink some wine and not have to worry about the babies for a minute. However, the second I jumped on that plane I was missing them so much. Then again the second I got back to them and real life set back in, I was dreaming of the next getaway. Funny how it works out like that!
Fall fashion has always been my favorite and I love getting to add the boys’ into the mix. These sneakers were a huge splurge for me, but anytime I’m with the boys’ I’ve got them on. A leather jacket is a complete staple to layer up in the fall months. The detailing on this Jennifer Haley jacket is just so good. The sides have a lace up detailing and all the zippers have braided pulls. I paired it with my absolute go to plain t-shirt. It’s an under $20 find, and I have it in every color. (They just released it in a mustard color. So good!) The scarf is Hermes… Speaking of.
I’ve wanted an Hermes scarf for as long as I can remember. They can become heirloom pieces and are so luxurious and beautiful. They are currently having a pop up shop in Hill Center and Nashville, and IT DOES NOT DISAPPOINT. They are dip dying vintage scarves in beautiful hues. This makes the fabric buttery soft. The whole pop up is done in the signature Hermes orange. (Even the washing machines.) They also have one of a kind designed scarves available for purchase. I loved the motif on this marigold one. (It even had a small tiger on it.) So happy it went home with me! I found a great affordable option in the same color HERE. (It’s $25!)
Now that the temps have cooled down we have been getting out and about with the boys’ a lot more. On Friday we went to a really fun event at the Fontanel here in Nashville. The Glow is there right now, and I highly recommend checking it out. They have over 5,000 hand carved jack o’ lanterns that are illuminated into various figures. Some are even done life size. (Georgie’s favorite were the motorcycles.) Others are done in public figures and cute themes. Nothing was too spooky, perfect to tag the babies along. They also had food trucks and drinks. The Glow experience will be happening again October 19-22 and then again on October 26-29.
Saturday some of my girlfriends came over for dinner and champagne. I met these girls during my NFL days cheering for the Rams and I love that we have stayed great friends since. You know you have a life long friend when you can pick right back up where you left off. (Even if it’s been forever since you’ve last caught up.) It’s great to have friends that understand it’s hard to get a babysitter, and are just as happing sipping champs in sweatpants on a Saturday. Bragging on my husband for sec… that man can cook! He made us an awesome meal. (And even did the grocery shopping for it.)
Sunday was another family fun day. We took the babes out to eat, grocery and target shopping and then took them to Toys R Us. Georgie’s face was priceless. He kept saying “wow.” He ran from each different section, and was so excited to find “Icky” AKA “Mickey.”
Hope everyone is having a great start to your week!
P.S. Check out some other fall fashion musts with my round-up of the hottest trends for 2017 HERE.
In honor of finding my favorite sweater ever I thought it would be fun to round up my 15 favorite sweaters for fall. I have many of these, and put sizing recommendations under each caption based on my experience.
There are so many ways to style all these sweaters. The great thing about a good knit is that they are typically all versatile enough to dress up or down. Pair them with distressed jeans and sneakers for day, and style them with a leather skirt and an over the knee boot for night.
Feel free to reach out to me via the CONTACT tab if you ever have questions on fit or just want to drop in and say hey! One of the best parts about blogging for me has been the community it creates.
15 BEST SWEATERS FOR FALL
P.S. Be sure to check out the top fall trends that I’ve rounded up HERE.
I know I’m #basic, but I love fall more than just about anything. The weather, the smells, the beginning of the holiday season, the pumpkin flavored everything. It’s all just so good. Best of all the weather is usually pretty great for the babies to get out and about. Perfect season to squeeze in lots of family fun!
I’ve been LIVING in this insanely comfy thermal with thumb holes. It comes in six other colors as well. Thinking I need to order the grey and wine colors too….
FALL FAMILY FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES
* If you are in Nashville or visiting you MUST check out Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. They have a beer garden complete with food trucks and pumpkin flavored beer, thousands of mums, a ton of pumpkins and even a pumpkin house. If you want a cute family photo opportunity. THIS. IS. THE. PLACE.
* Picnics. We are so lucky to have beautiful parks and playgrounds here in Tennessee. Pack a blanket and some finger foods and head out on a picnic. I’m planning to go on one with the boys when we get back from our trip.
* S’mores. All kids love s’mores. Have a little bon fire, invite some friends. My kind of night! I’ve been planning one with my sweet friend Vanessa and her baby and hubs!
* Hit up a pumpkin patch. We had so much fun letting Georgie pick out a pumpkin. He threw a lot of them before finding the perfect one, but it was pretty cute! A lot of the patches have tons of activities built in. Hay rides, hay slides, corn mazes, etc.
* Bake an apple pie and deliver it to someone in need. The perfect way to start instilling the importance of giving back early. G can only really stir at his age, but he enjoys feeling like he is helping.
* Another Nashville based activity: The Fontanel is having a fun Jack O’ Lantern experience. We plan to go and I will be sure to pass along more details soon. I know the installation will have a 1/3 mile walk of jack o’ lanterns, pumpkin pirate ships and pumpkin dinosaurs. It’s very family friendly, so nothing to spooky that would scare a young one.
* Eat dinner outside. Grilling is in full force at the Wilson household. It’s an easy way to eat healthy (throw on some veggies and a lean protein) and enjoy it on the porch!
* Do a charity 5k run or walk. This is the time of year for it! There are several breast cancer awareness walks this time of year. I plan to load the kids up in our new double stroller, and hit one up. (Most likely walking this one…)
* Decorate your front porch for fall. I love adding a fall wreath and some mums and pumpkins to the front porch. I am not a fan of the orange, so I like to find some in the white/grey colors. We will let G help pick it out, and plan to let him paint his first pumpkin!
* Go for a hike. I’m hoping that Trey and I can each load a baby up in a baby carrier and head out for a hike. We use to love Cummins falls which is near Nashville. That one might be a little aggressive with the boys, but there are so many great options out there!
P.S. Be sure to check out the top 10 fall fashion trends, and my favorite pieces of each trend HERE.
If you invest in one piece for fall/winter I highly suggest a leather jacket. I get the most use out of my leather jackets. They never go out of style and can carry with you year after year. I love the moto cut of this Rebecca Minkoff version. It’s been on major repeat! It’s got a clean look, but with just a teeny bit of edge.
As eager as I am for fall to arrive, Tennessee isn’t quite cooperating just yet. I paired the jacket with this blouse and a camo skirt. The other day I wore this camo skirt with a graphic sweatshirt and sneakers to run errands. It’s a really easy to throw on, versatile piece. Once the temperatures start moving on down, I will pair this jacket with a sweater, some jeans and some over the knee boots. My all time favorite look.
We had the best family day yesterday. Wilder and I grabbed a coffee with a friend and took a few pictures. Then we took Georgie to pick out a pumpkin. He was more interested in throwing the pumpkins, but he had a great time. Then we went to lunch at a little spot in 12th south. It mimics a ski lounge and has a really cool fire pit in the center. G loved it! It made me extra excited for Trey and I’s getaway to our “happy place” (AKA Colorado) next weekend.
October gives me all the feels, from the fashion to the weather, the smells in the air. I just love it all. Top that off with lots of family QT and I am one happy lady!
P.S. I’ve got something really BIG to share with ya’ll this coming week, so make sure to stay tuned. I mean… really BIG!