Our after baby, “baby moon.”
Trey and I decided to wait until post baby to take our “baby moon” this time around. Since I was pregnant back to back with our sweet babes I wanted to really be able to enjoy our time and have some great wine, dinners, and beautiful scenery.
After college, Trey lived in Vail and worked as a ski instructor. We started visiting Colorado together at least once a year since we met and refer to it as our “happy place.”
For this trip we flew into Denver and had a little lunch rented an SUV and took off for the mountains. There is something about that drive that is just so serene and peaceful. You can start to notice the temperatures dropping and the smell of the pines. My stress levels instantly go down.
We always stop in Breckenridge and grab a crepe from the crepe cart on our way to Vail. It’s also the cutest little town to pop into a few shops.
Typically, we reserve our Colorado trips for ski season, but this time around we decided to go in the fall. I’m so glad that we did! The leaves were absolutely stunning, and we were able to truly relax.
We stayed at the Four Seasons which we also absolutely adore. They pay attention to every little detail. This go around we were able to eat at Flame (their steakhouse.) It did NOT disappoint. It was restaurant week and we were able to try a bit of everything. All delicious. Try the lobster mac and cheese and thank me later.
The bar is also beautiful and looks out into the mountains and pool. One of my favorite views…ever.
Each day we wandered into shops, ate amazing food, and slept in. Truly heavenly for new parents of two littles.
Some things you MUST do in Vail:
1. Grab a drink on the outdoor patio overlooking the lifts at Garfinkel’s. It’s known for it’s fun Apres’ ski, but we loved going for happy hour outside of ski season as well.
2. Drink a mudslide at Bully Ranch.
3. Relax in the courtyard next to Gore Creek. (You can bring a picnic!) Such a sweet little date spot.
4. Enjoy a hot chocolate at Four Seasons next to a fire pit on the balcony. This is truly an experience. It looks beautiful and tastes delicious!
5. Walk around vail village at night.
6. Dine at Sweet Basil.
7. Bowl at bōl. It’s a really impressive and modern take on bowling. Fun for fall trips when skiing isn’t your workout of choice everyday. (Not that bowling is much of a workout, ha! But the goal was to take it REALLY easy this trip.)
8. Relax at the Four Seasons spa.
9. Listen to live music at Red Lion.
10. Late night at Shakedown.
To say we thoroughly enjoyed our baby moon would be an understatement. We came back rested and able to be better (and happier) parents to our sweet boys!