Studio McGee’s new spring line has so many amazing, versatile pieces at really great price points. You can browse the entire collection HERE. If you see something you love be sure to scoop it up fast. Things always sell out quickly with their line.
Target has really stepped up their home decor game over the past few years with the addition of the Studio Mcgee and Hearth and Home lines. This fall there are so many affordable finds that will add the perfect touch of fall into your home. Cozy throw pillows and blankets, woody smelling candles, textured baskets, moody neutral art pieces.. there’s so many good finds at a great price point.
I scooped up these woven baskets for the boy’s playroom on sale for $14.
Both Trey and I have been working from home for 11 months now. It was time to give our home office a refresher to make it a more inviting and exciting space to be in. If you are looking for the easiest update to any space, some fresh new art is an affordable and quick option!
We went with abstract pieces that I found on Desenio.com. They have a HUGE selection of posters and mounting solutions. You are able to easily refine your search to your specific needs by art type, size, etc.
Behind the desk we wanted an oversized piece that could make a statement, but also go with all of the other items in the space. Something that created a serene working space. I went with this one HERE. The beige tones and balance in the piece are perfect for a large piece. You can choose to purchase the frame as well in different color options or purchase just the poster or hang with clips.
An easy way to update your bookshelves is to stack in art pieces behind decorative pieces or books. This one HERE and this one HERE went great with our larger art option. Both abstract, simple, neutral, but still interesting. Layering art pieces is a great way to get a designer look. It looks polished and put together.
If you are wanting art that is cohesive together you can check out their gallery wall options right HERE. Gallery walls make the biggest statement in a space, but can be intimidating. I love that they take the hard part out and you can purchase a set.
Another way to make a serene work space while we are working from home is to add a diffuser or candles. It can be so stressful to work with a wild four and three year old (and a husband) all in the same tight quarters. Diffusing eucalyptus or lavender makes your space more calming.
If you are looking to feel more motivated and uplifted in your surroundings, adding some art to your walls is the quick update you need! Really loved my experience with Desenio. Super easy, affordable, shipped quickly and shipping was free (over $45.)
You can receive 30% off with code: BEAUSANDASHLEY. Valid until the 25th of February, and excludes frames and handpicked/personalized prints.
There are very few spaces in our home that I feel are “finished”, but the living room is just about there. While everything is always a bit of a work in progress, this space is starting to feel complete.
Neutrals don’t have to be boring. When you add in fun art, tons of varying textures, and different materials. We wanted a light and bright space that also felt very cozy and inviting. We live a lot of life in here in this space.
The rug is this one HERE. We wanted something large enough to fill the whole space and durable. While the jute is not the softest option, it’s heavy duty for our two toddler boys. The texture that this brings to the room is great as well.
Our couches are the Restoration Hardware Maxwell in Belgian linen. We have had them for years and they’ve held up well. We wash the covers fairly frequently. The trick is to spray any stains and wash on delicate and cold. Before the covers are totally dry, put them back on. You can have a fan on them to speed the drying process. (Never put in dryer…)
The couches were a bit of a splurge, but if you love the look of Restoration Hardware for less I have a full blog post on that HERE.
These white chairs are a Restoration Hardware look for less option. They are these HERE. These cushion covers can be washed as well. Many think I’m crazy for having these with kids, but we really haven’t had a problem with them. We use this stain remover and it’s great. I also hang a throw blanket on the back and a pillow on the front of each chair.
It took multiple attempts to get artwork that we really loved in the space. Oversized art makes such a statement for any room. The doves to me mean peace. I love the idea of having that in living area of our home. These were purchased from Perigold and the artist name is Thom Filicia.
Baskets are a great way to hold blankets, pillows or in our case they hide the toys. These HERE from Target come in two sizes and look identical to our Pottery Barn ones.
Another way I made a statement in this space were with oversized throw pillows. These pillows were a splurge, but made such a difference. They are HUGE and bring in a great texture. You can find them HERE.
We needed to add in a bit of storage in the space and this accent cabinet has been perfect.
A favorite piece in the room is this mirror. It’s the popular Anthropologie version which is another splurge, but I’ve found a mirror that looks almost identical for under $100. You can find that one HERE.
When it came to the coffee table I knew I needed something that would be kid friendly for our two wild toddlers. This soft ottoman has been super durable and great for the kids. My dad built a simple waterfall edge to the specifications of the ottoman to provide a space for some added decor.
Personalized touches in a space are what makes a home feel like home. George went to an art class with a Nashville based artist, Sydney Clawson, and made an abstract piece. I had the piece framed and wanted a really special way to showcase that. This gallery art easel makes such a statement for a great price. They have a smaller version that can go on top of a table as well.
You can shop the furniture and home decor accessories below:
1. Silk Mask- Comes in different prints. If you have had issues with “mask-ne” this will help. Prevents against breakouts and is comfortable to wear.
2. Heathered Cashmere Sheet Set- I’ve become a bit of a sheet snob and these are just SO good. They are cozy and hold up so well. You can also use the following discount code for $25 off their site: ashley25
3. White Sneakers- Love that white sneakers are trending. These are a comfortable pair that have such a cool look to them.
4. Shoulder Pleat Jumpsuit- Spring is on the horizon! If you are looking for a few staple pieces for the upcoming season.. this is it! The shoulder detailing is so unique, it’s comfortable and a neutral color. Triple win! It’s a piece you can dress up or down and can get a lot of wear out of.
5. Leopard Dress- This dress is under $30, but has such a high-end look/feel to it. It’d make a cute cover up this summer or perfect with over knee boots and a leather jacket to still wear this winter.
6. Braided Sandal- These come in both black and a nude color. They remind me of Bottega, but are affordable! Perfect throw on and go pair for this spring/summer season.
7. Summer Friday’s Gel Cream- I snatched this up as soon as they released it and it’s totally worth the hype! It’s an amazing hydrator, oil-free and gives that “dewey” look.
8. Equilibria CBD Daily Drops- I opened up over on Instagram Stories about my stuggle with anxiety lately. This by women, for women owned CBD company has truly been incredible. I take a combo of the soft gels (slow release) and the daily drops (more instant). The daily drops have really helped me to calm down and fall asleep. The have a dosage specialist you can talk to if you are unsure of what to order. It’s been so helpful and I wanted to pass it on to anyone else who it could possibly help as well. The discount code for this one is: beausandashley
9. Grey Marble Tray- This has the look of home decor pieces I’ve been seeing on the designer sites, but it’s under $30. Perfect as a soap/lotion holder in a bathroom or to stack a candle on as a decor piece.
10. Ruffled Marble Bowl- This comes in three different size options. I have the largest size option as a decorative piece in our entryway. I’ve loved it so much that I wanted to order the other sizes as well, but it’s been sold out for months. If you love this one be sure to grab since they sell out quickly. The smallest version is the perfect size to keep on your nightstand as a ring/jewelry holder. Beautiful piece that’s also great quality.
** Thank you to Wayfair for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. **
There’s nothing like the glow of a Christmas tree to make your home feel cozy and special. We decided to keep decorating minimal this year and use lots of neutral pieces, but keep it cozy with tons of textures and lights.
We went with a flocked tree that is a bit more slim to fit in our space. The flocking on this one HERE. is so thick and great quality. It keeps the tree having more of an overall white look which I adore. You can shop all of Wayfair’s wide selection of Christmas trees on sale, HERE!
Throughout the house I used lots of candles, pinecones and fur throw blankets/pillows. We also used birch wood on the fireplace and in baskets to bring in that winter feel and add texture.
This cabinet in our living room provides extra storage, but has also become the perfect place to add in decor items. Adding a wreath on your mirror always makes a beautiful statement.
Wayfair has a huge selection of HOLIDAY DECOR at really great price points. Happy decorating!
How To Make Your Thanksgiving Feel Special With MacKenzie-Childs
Whew, 2020 has really put some perspective on this upcoming holiday season. I’m even more grateful for friends, family and our health. While we might not be celebrating in large groups, we can still make an intimate fall or Thanksgiving dinner feel special.
Ya’ll have heard me brag on MacKenzie-Childs before, but after doing a retreat with them a few months ago, my love and appreciation of their brand has grown even more. They are all about the joy and memories that their pieces provoke more than the pieces themselves.
The time and love that goes into each piece is next level. On average, a single piece is touched by the hands of up to 11 different artisans and takes up to two weeks to make. You can feel the specialness and they are the types of pieces that are passed down from generation to generation.
I set this beautiful fall tablescape using the dinner plates, salad plates and bowls from the Sweetbriar Collection. These can be mixed and matched for any different occasion. I added in flatware, wine glasses and serving pieces from the Courtly Check collection. These are all versatile pieces that can go with anything. I have mixed and matched them with lots of different options and they just work with everything!
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR HOLIDAY SPECIAL THIS YEAR:
**While speaking with Rebecca, a lifestyle guru and designer behind MacKenzie-Childs, she gave us some advice on taking your hosting skills to the next level. I wanted to pass some of her wisdom on to you.**
It’s all in the ambiance. Light some candles. Dim your overhead light if possible.
Music! It makes the biggest difference. Some light music, so conversations can still be heard, is perfect.
3. Florals. Even just a few from the grocery store will elevate your table. Don’t be afraid to show them in unconventional ways. The Courtly Check Pitcher makes a wonderful vase!
4. A speciality drink. You can find my recipe for Apple Pie Sangria HERE.
5. Make the space feel cozy. I’ve added in throw blankets on the back of our chairs to help guests feel the coziness.
2. Neutral Art- We’ve been slowly incorporating more and more art into our home. It makes me feel more inspired and brings a home to life. This can come as a set of two or sold separately. The texture is so good!
3. Bust Sculpture- Busts and sculpture pieces are having a major moment. This one is a classic.
4. Best Sweater Ever- Not to be dramatic.. but the best sweater there ever was! Comes in several colors. Runs oversized.. I sized down on a few of my color options and kept my normal size to wear with leggings in a few as well. This one is not itchy in the least and goes with anything and everything. You will want to wear it non stop.
5. Glass Tumbler- A favorite Amazon purchase. Comes in TONS of color options and different sizes aw well.
6. Sherpa Loafer Slide- These remind me of Jenni Kayne for a fraction of the price. Try them with black jeans and a black sweater to add a pop to your look.
7. NY Ball Cap- A neutral ball cap is something that you will grab for often. Wear it with a faux fur coat to make it extra chic.
8. $80 Faux Fur Coat- This one looks SO much more pricey than it’s tag. The prettiest neutral color. Super comfy!
9. Black & White Tote- This is on MAJOR sale. The detailing is SO good. Holds a lot and is a classic look you can keep from season to season. Added this one to my own Christmas wish list.
10. Stone Candle- The vessel of this candle is so pretty and comes in 3 different options. It’s $12 and you can reuse the jar after you are done as decor or a catch all.
11. Home Spray- This $10 home spray will make your home smell like a million bucks. It’s so fresh and clean and also a clean product. I’m giving this as a gift to so many people on my list this year. Great for the person on your list who has everything!
12. Gold Beaded Bracelet- Stackable bracelet. Great for mix and match and comes as a charm bracelet option as well.
13. Zip- Up Sweatshirt- This gives me major Dior vibes. It’s so good and $55! I snagged one during the first release and it sold out quick, but it’s back for preorder. I love the zip detailing on the sleeve. Super cozy! Would make a great gift as well.
With the cooler temps, it’s great to bring in some warmer tones to the home decor. Time to bring in lots of texture and cozy items!
I’ve rounded up some favorites in different areas of your home that will create that neutral warm and cozy feel.
** Click on any of the below images to shop. **
Textured Chain Piece- I love the texture on this piece. We purchased this for our home and it’s currently getting a thing black gallery frame added to it. Looks SO high end in person for the price.
Blurred Lines- This piece pulls all of the different neutral tones and is warm and just beautiful!
Portrait- My FAVORITE artist. You can see all of his work at Josh Young Design House. This portrait serious is a fun twist on a classic. He also features tons of neutral pieces layered in textures that are just stunning.
Bust- A real statement piece that is perfect for an end table or console table.
Chain Links- I have several of these in our home. Comes in a wood grain, white marble and black as well. Comes in a large form and smaller size as well. These look great in a decorative bowl or on top of a stack of coffee table books.
Hands Dish- This piece is a total Amazon find! It looks like a high end designer piece, but is very affordable and a talking piece. Just ordered one to hold jewelry on my night stand.
Decorative Bowls & Vases-
Dried neutral florals, pampas grass, etc. is the perfect fall touch and this white walnut vase is the perfect size to hold those.